Customized Commercial Security Cameras & Video Surveillance
Security cameras and video surveillance are one of the fastest growing and evolving sectors of the security industry. The ability to provide surveillance and verification of events can offer many benefits to a building owner. A properly designed system can give you peace of mind that should an incident take place on your property, it will be captured on camera and the presence of a system can act as a deterrent against theft or intrusion.
Bulldog Fire and Security’s staff will perform a free site assessment of your property and be able to provide direction and recommendations for a properly installed security camera system. We will work closely with you to design a system that will fit your unique needs and give you the level of surveillance that you need.
What Makes Up A Security Camera System?
A Security Camera System consists of multiple cameras that can capture and transmit video (and sometimes audio) to a Network Video Recorder (NVR), which records the footage and displays it to a monitor or network connected device. These systems have become very popular in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
A security camera system consists of three components:
- Security Camera – Which can be a variety of styles depending on the location and application needed.
- Network Video Recorder (NVR) – A specialized computer system that records video in a digital format to its mass storage component and includes a software program to manage and display the live and recorded video.
- Monitor or Network Connected Device – An accessory device that is connected to the NVR via hard wire or internet, which can display footage from your security camera. Common devices include smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Will You Service My Existing Commercial Security Camera & Video Surveillance System?
Bulldog Fire and Security has experience with a wide variety of security camera and video surveillance systems and can service and enhance most existing systems. Our experienced and certified technicians can identify and correctly service most security cameras and video surveillance systems.
Types of Security Cameras
There are many different types of security cameras for home and business surveillance with different specifications to address your unique needs. Four of the most common camera styles are:
- Dome Security Camera – A ceiling or wall mounted camera contained in a discreet dome shape. This camera is well suited for many different environments, and is available in indoor or outdoor housings.
- Bullet Security Camera – This camera is housed in a sleek bullet-style body. A Bullet Camera performs well in areas where lighting is minimal and comes predominantly in outdoor housings.
- PTZ Security Camera – This camera allows you to control the camera direction and zoom via software. This is a great camera to cover large areas that you can pan across.
- Box Camera – This camera provides a lot of versatility as it allows you to choose from a variety of lenses. These cameras are primarily used indoors and can be used in a variety of locations.
Benefits of Security Cameras & Video Surveillance
- Customers benefit from decreases in costs incurred due to false dispatches.
- Reduced risk of property damage.
- Reduced risk of internal theft.
- Reduced number of false police dispatches.
- Reduced number of false guard dispatches.
- Can replace a standing security guard.
- Reduced number of after hours employee dispatches.
- Improved Police Response Times.
- How To Select A Security Camera System For Your Building
- Guide To Panoramic Security Cameras
- Top 4 Security Camera Integrations