Access Control as a Service
Last year we told you about the growing trend of the “as a Service” business model starting to penetrate the security market. Access Control as a Service (ACaaS), is a subscription-based alternative to traditional access control solutions. Through ACaaS, data processing and storage takes place off-site, eliminating the need to have a server located at your building. This method is ideal for any business owner who doesn’t want to or can’t house a server on site, plus, in many scenarios this becomes a more cost-effective method of access control.
Enter hattrix, Kantech’s cloud-based ACaaS solution. By utilizing hattrix, a user can fully manage their facility’s access control from anywhere in the world, making it a very attractive solution for a person on the go.
hattrix allows you to choose one of three dimensions of security services:
- Hosted Access Control – the end user administers the system.
- Fully Managed Solution – Managed Service Provider (MSP) administers the system.
- Hybrid Solution – allows the end user to utilize different access control services to suit their needs.
The implementation of these solutions allows end users to control their security management remotely in real-time, or hand over security functions to a service provider.
Additionally, hattrix provides a full suite of email reporting and viewing of live events to their end users.
Why We’re Excited
The “as a Service” business model is going to dramatically change the security landscape and hattrix is leading the charge in access control. Some of the highlights include:
- Reduction in labour
- No need to make back ups.
- Eliminate the need to update software or firmware.
- No longer need to drive to the facility to unlock the building.
- Manage the system remotely through mobile device.
- Cost Effective
- Improve budgeting with predictable costs.
- Peace of Mind
- hattrix technology is incredibly secure and is fully managed by a team of security experts.
- Guide to Access Control
- How to Choose the Right Access Control System
- Is Access Control as a Service Right for You?
For 20 years, Bulldog Fire and Security has been an expert in Access Control Systems installation, having installed a variety of systems in numerous applications across Southwestern, Ontario.